Search for Jobs
Working in Ireland: Interview TipsCongratulations if you have been selected for an interview. Now you will have to convince the interviewer that you are the right person for the role. You will need to show that you are sufficiently motivated to get the job done well and that you will fit in with the company's organisational structure and the team in which you will work.
Preparation is everything. The better you prepare for the interview the less likely the chance that you will come across a question that will surprise you.
- Dress smartly for the interview and leave home earlier than you need to on the day of the interview. Make sure you know the interviewer's name.
- Know your CV by heart and be able to speak freely about what you have been doing in your career. (Have a copy of your CV at all times).
- At the interview itself you must be positive about yourself and your abilities.
- Be positive about what you feel you can bring to the company and the role.
- Be courteous to all employees of the company.
Sample Interview Questions
Theoretically you can be asked any question at the interview; some of them however tend to be repeated regularly.
- Why are you changing your job? (Never say negative things about your last job / employer)?
- Why did you choose to change you career?
- What are your greatest achievements?
- Do you like team work?
- Have you ever had any problem with a customer / boss / co-worker; if so, how did you deal with the problem?
- What sort of person are you?