Holidays Entitlements, Ireland :: Jobsearch.ie
Annual Leave for full time workers:
- Holiday entitlements are earned from the day you begin work.
- The minimum Irish annual leave entitlement is 4 working weeks paid annual leave per leave year.
- However, annual leave in Ireland is accrued based on time worked by the employee.
- Full-time employees earn one week of paid annual leave for every three months worked.
- Employees who work 1365 hours in any given leave year have earned their full four week holiday entitlement at that point, except if it is a leave year in which the employee changes employment.
- a paid day off on the day, or
- a paid day off within a month, or
- an extra day of paid annual leave, or
- an extra day's pay
- Part-time employees in Ireland are entitled to annual leave consisting of 8% of all the hours they work, subject to a maximum of 4 working weeks in the leave year.
- In order for a part-time worker to qualify for a public holiday, he/she must work at least 40 hours in the 5-week period that immediately precedes the public holiday.
Return to HR Centre