- Company: PowerOhm Ltd
- Location: Limerick
- Status: Permanent Full Time
- Post date: 11-01-2019 (10 days ago)
- Ref number: ATE - 0119
- Salary: Depending on Experience
Due to continued success and growth, we are currently looking to recruit an Application/Test Engineer to join their team.
• Pre-checking of all switchgear in accordance with company & industry standards
• Testing of all switchgear including all Factory Acceptance Testing with the client
• Training of other designated personnel to torque and quality check panels
• Completion of any site works including joining/testing of panels
• Ensuring quality of all items manufactured & /or dispatched is met and maintained at a very high standard
• Training of in-house personnel to ensure high quality standards are maintained
• Ongoing review of all test procedures and updating / amending these procedures where necessary
• Involvement in project design with the client and reporting back to and follow through with the relevant personnel in house to ensure the client obtains the relevant data/ information.
• Trouble shooting day to day issues both in house and with clients
• Provision of technical support to all clients
• Learn to design & assist in design of switchgear panels
• Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Automation & Robotic systems or a very strong electrician background (excluding contracting) - a background in switchgear manufacture a distinct advantage
• 3 - 5 years Electrical Engineering working in a similar Manufacturing facility a distinct advantage.
• Develop and understand wiring schematics
• Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills and a good understanding of LV systems and vendor products in this field
• A strong controls and automation understanding and the ability to dissect the systems to identify any single points of failure or compliance issues, address them and close out within a defined budget
• The ability to think beyond the boundaries and have the ability to develop, innovate and have practical design solutions to technical problems when required with commercial awareness at the forefront of the process
• A meticulous approach to safety and quality. Experience in identifying corrective actions and solutions for project, and electrical hazards identified.
• Excellent Communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and nontechnical disciplines, both internal and external.
• Proficient in the use of Electrical Engineering systems similar to Autodesk CAD and the use of MS Office tools (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
If you consider this listing to be innappropriate or offensive, click here: Report this listing