CYBER SECURITY ANALYST
- Company: CipherTechs EU Ltd.
- Location: Kilkenny
- Status: Permanent Full Time
- Post date: 05-04-2019 (138 days ago)
- Ref number: SOC/2019
- Salary: See description
CYBER SECURITY ANALYST
This opportunity represents a fantastic opportunity to break into, or advance in, the cyber security field.
Work alongside experienced professionals based in Kilkenny and New York (Company HQ).
Access to best of breed technology.
Acquire leading professional certifications.
Applicants new to information security will be transitioning from a strong ICT background.
APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE FULL WORKING STATUS FOR IRELAND WITH RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND FLUENT ENGLISH. APPLICANTS SHOULD BE CURRENTLY LIVING IN (OR NEAR) KILKENNY CITY OR, IF RELOCATING, HAVE A COMPELLING REASON TO MOVE TO KILKENNY.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The SOC (Security Operations Centre) Monitoring Analyst is responsible for the evaluation of all incidents, events, security, vulnerabilities, monitoring, coordination and reporting on cyber incidents impacting our global clients.
• Responsible for working in a 24-7-365 Security Operation Centre (SOC) environment.
• Investigate security events - Follow pre-defined actions to handle monitoring incidents, events and high severity issues including escalating to other support groups.
• Report common and repeat problems (trend analysis) to management and propose process and technical improvements.
• Using SIEM technology provide analysis and trending of security log data from diverse security devices and other network collectors.
• Provide Incident Response support when analysis confirms actionable incident.
• Provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services.
• Coordinate with the team on activities impacting customer operations.
• Undertake professional development and certification opportunities.
• Other duties as assigned.
Day/night mixed shift (TBC) We provide a 24/7 managed security service. Some night and weekend work are to be expected.
• Computer science/security degree or equivalent professional certifications.
• Experience as a Security/Network Administrator or equivalent knowledge an advantage.
• Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions (end point protection, firewall and intrusion detection systems).
• Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications.
• Knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanour.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent customer service ethos.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES:
The successful candidate will possess the personality traits, work habits, communication, and social skills necessary to work effectively within dynamic and highly operational world class enterprise environments. This person will have exemplary personal and professional integrity and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills. In addition, the qualified candidate will have a strong desire to succeed in the internationally recognised growth industry of cyber security leading to superb professional development opportunities.
(Starting) €30,000 - €38,500 per year (depending on industry experience)
Bonus scheme, 4% match pension scheme, full family VHI and dental cover, compressed hours, laptop provided, training/education allowance, travel allowance.
Kilkenny City. Applicants should be currently living in Kilkenny or, if relocating, have a compelling reason to move to Kilkenny.
Permanent, fulltime (following probation period)
If you consider this listing to be innappropriate or offensive, click here: Report this listing