- Company: City Pharmacy
- Location: Dublin
- Status: Permanent Full Time
- Post date: 24-01-2020 (23 days ago)
- Ref number: Job#146693
- Salary: Depending on Experience
An Irish owned community pharmacy based in the heart of Dublin City Centre is looking for a Pharmacy Technician.
Reporting to the Pharmacist on duty and Managing Director, the successful candidate's main duties will include the following:
1. To accurately receive, record and assemble prescriptions, issue the appropriate receipts and inform the Pharmacists of any changes in drug therapy and interactions between prescribed medications.
2. To ensure the smooth running of the dispensary, including, maintaining computer records and ensure that the paperwork pertaining to the various schemes is kept up to date and in line with Company procedures.
3. To ensure that any errors or safety issues are brought promptly to the attention of the Supervising Pharmacist.
4. To ensure that the Dispensary is kept clean and tidy and any Health and Safety issues are brought promptly to the attention of the Pharmacy Manager and or Managing Pharmacist.
5. To follow Pharmacy standard operating procedures maintaining consistent professional standards at all times.
6. To maintain good stock control including; rotation of stock, maintaining appropriate stock levels, using correct suppliers, and ensuring that the delivery details are correct as set down by the managing pharmacist.
7. To assist with over the counter sales and other front of counter duties.
8. Any other duties as required.
Knowledge and experience required:
1. IPU Pharmacy Technician course or Higher Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Studies
2. 1 year's pharmacy experience in a pharmacy technician role is preferable
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
4. Good attention to detail is essential
5. Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task successfully in a busy and challenging environment.
6. Ability to use discretion when addressing customer queries and to treat customer/patient information with strict confidentiality.
The successful candidate will have:
1. Excellent communication skills
2. Excellent interpersonal skills
3. A positive can-do attitude
4. A keen interest in pharmacy
5. A work ethic centred on customer service
If you consider this listing to be innappropriate or offensive, click here: Report this listing